With the leaves starting to fall off the trees and hiding the very paths we are so used to walking across, snakes can easily hide.
Snakes need heat in order to function and as the sun has not got much warmth in it at the moment and also it comes up later in the morning and disappears earlier in the evenings they will be out searching for heat at any point in the day.
What do I do if my dog gets bitten!
If your dog is bitten by a snake, it may be difficult to determine whether the snake was venomous or not.
If you are able, take a picture of the snake.
Then if you are able, carry your dog to the nearest road and ask someone to come and pick you up. This will prevent the venom spreading quickly around the body
DO NOT try and suck out the poison
If you are concerned Call your VET and say you are on route and your dog has been bitten. They should then begin getting emergency protocols ready for when you arrive so your dog isn't waiting around.
Symptoms to watch out for
If you are not convinced it was a poisonous variety of snake there are a few things to watch out for:
Low blood pressure
Bleeding (that wont stop)
Shortness of breath
Increased Heart Rate
However I would always err on the side of caution and get your dog to an Emergency Vet - Just in case, it is always better to be safe than sorry.